Healthy Teen Network shares position statements on relevant issues for young people as a resource to support your advocacy efforts.
The Healthy Teen Network Board of Directors has approved the following five position statements:
- Human Trafficking
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Services for Adolescent & Young Adult Men
- Sexuality Education
- Violence Prevention & Response Services for Youth Who Are Pregnant Or Parenting
- Youth Sexual & Reproductive Health Services Access
Position Statements to be developed in the near future address the following issues:
- Gender Equity in Health Care
- Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation Expression
- Health Care Availability, Affordability, & Accessibility
- Importance of Youth-Friendly, Developmentally Appropriate Work with Adolescents & Young Adults
- Intersection of Substance Use & Sexual Decision Making
- Intersection of Homelessness & Sexual Decision Making
- Sexual & Reproductive Health Needs of System-Involved Youth
- Social-Ecological Health Promotion Model
- Supporting Young Parents
- Trauma-Informed Care
Read more about the development of the position statements in the guest blog post by Board Member Judy Herrman.
If you have suggestions for additional position statements, or if you’d like to join us in writing, researching, and/or editing position statements, please let us know.