How and where we live, learn, and play affects every one of us—our health and well-being, even our life span.
The Healthy Teen Network Youth 360° frame challenges us to move beyond focusing solely on individual behaviors to address the social determinants of health, to achieve better outcomes for all young people. We must consider the wide range of factors—such as access to quality education and health services, socioeconomic status, or having life goals and aspirations—that can influence health outcomes…and disparities.
We invite you to share about how you are incorporating Youth 360⁰ holistic health promotion into your work!
For more information Youth 360⁰, holistic health promotion, and the social determinants of health check out:
For a quick access to Healthy Teen Network’s top Youth 360⁰ resources, see:
- Youth 360°, Explained: This short resource succinctly explains the Youth 360° approach.
- Youth 360°, In Action: Streamed live on YouTube on Thursday, 5/18, 1PM ET, Lisette Torres (Alexandria Campaign on Adolescent Pregnancy) and Stephanie Campbell (Office of Sexual Health and Youth Development, Massachusetts Department of Public Health) joined us to share how their agencies have been working to address the social determinants of health. After the introduction, there will be opportunity for discussion, with questions submitted live from the audience.
- Tip Sheet: Youth 360°: How & Where Youth Live, Learn & Play Matter: fact sheet introduction to the concept of Youth 360°, holistic health promotion, social determinants of health, and the social-ecological model
- Prezi: Youth 360°: How and Where Youth Live, Learn, and Play Matters: presentation, with audio, to introduce the concept of Youth 360°, holistic health promotion, social determinants of health, and the social-ecological model
- Tip Sheet: Increasing Our Impact by Using a Social-Ecological Approach: tip sheet on the social-ecological model and approach
- Youth 360°: The Game: interactive game to engage people in discussions about how to implement Youth 360° and address social determinants of health
- Roles, Relationships, and Relevance: The Changing Landscape of Adolescent Health: Healthy Teen Network’s upcoming annual national conference is an opportunity to network and learn how Youth 360° can help us remain relevant in the changing landscape of adolescent health
- 2013-2015 Strategic Plan: outlines the assessment process and goals that led to the development of Youth 360⁰