From the NewsletterResources Coming Soon!
Activate team members are collaborating now to bring you user-friendly resources to put research to practice.
September 8, 2021
When you have research-backed approaches handy, you can focus on what matters—encouraging young people to make healthy choices about their sexual and reproductive health. Unfortunately, professionals who work in systems with youth often lack easily accessible, research-based resources related to the sexual and reproductive health of adolescents and young adults.
We established Activate to address this need. To do so, Activate translates research into practice by curating, adapting, and creating research-based resources that meet the unique needs of professionals who work in systems that support Activate’s focal youth populations.
The focal populations of these resources include young people who may be involved in the child welfare or juvenile justice systems, youth experiencing homelessness, and opportunity youth (i.e., youth who may be disconnected from school and work).
Upcoming Resources from Activate
Based on the needs assessment results, Activate has prioritized several resources for its first year:
- Curate resources identified through the Activate needs assessment and guide youth-supporting professionals on how to select resources from the curated list.
- Curate research compiled during the Activate needs assessment and provide guidance on how to select research from the curated list.
- Translate the findings of the needs assessment and provide future guidance for research in the adolescent sexual and reproductive health field and recommendations to creators of research-to-practice resources for the development of needed resources.
- Create resources to increase professionals’ capacity to communicate with young people about sexual and reproductive health.
- Select existing resources for adaptation to address resource needs for professionals that support Activate’s focal populations.
Over the next few months, the Activate project teams will continue their work on developing these resources, with an anticipated release of fall 2021. To hear about our new resources, be sure to sign up for the Activate email list. If you’re interested in helping to review and finalize these resources, we invite you to consider partnering with us as a collaborator.
Get the latest from Activate.
Healthy Teen Network
This project is supported by the Office of Population Affairs of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award totaling $1,092,000 with 100 percent funded by OPA/OASH/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement by, OPA/OASH/HHS, or the U.S. government. For more information, please visit https://opa.hhs.gov/.