Job OpportunityBookkeeper & Administrative Assistant
Seeking a Bookkeeper & Administrative Assistant who has a passion for and strong commitment to our mission and guiding principles.
December 18, 2020
Healthy Teen Network seeks a Bookkeeper & Administrative Assistant who has a passion for and strong commitment to our mission and guiding principles. The Bookkeeper & Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the organization’s Operations team and supports deliverables across programs. This individual will report to the Director of Finance and Operations and works with staff across departments.
The Bookkeeper & Administrative Associate is responsible for:
- Recording transactions, such as income and expenses, and posting them to various accounts
- Reconciling credit card charges and invoices
- Entering and reconciling credit card charges, invoices, and annual conference and fee-for-service trainings receivables
- Supporting human resource activities
- Maintaining contract files
- Maintaining Salesforce data management
- Supporting event planning and logistics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide bookkeeping support, using QuickBooks Online:
- Enter cash receipts, cash disbursements
- Enter accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Assist with creating estimates for fee-or-service activities
- Assist Director of Finance and Operations with document uploads for annual audit
Enter and reconcile fee-for-service activities
- Enter and reconcile fee-for-service transactions
- Create and implement Salesforce/Click ’n’ Pledge registration forms
- Coordinate with project lead to organize training administrative procedures
- Provide pre- and post-event correspondence with registrants
Support annual conference, trainings, and other events
- Manage registrations in Salesforce and QuickBooks Online
- Contact registrants to reconcile issues or changes
- Support conference, training, and other event planning and logistics
- Provide onsite administrative and logistics support at annual conference
Support human resource activities
- Update and maintain forms for personnel files
- Maintain records in timesheet software (ClickTime)
- Prepare payroll for external payroll company
Provide contract file organization
- Maintain and organize contract records
- Support execution of contracts
Maintain member records in Salesforce
- Process payments through Salesforce Click ’n’ Pledge registration forms
- Update records, carry out data entry tasks, and merge duplicate records
Assist in ensuring that department project goals are met and all activities are completed according to work plans and guidelines.
Complete additional duties, as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in bookkeeping position
- Nonprofit experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good data management skills
- Strong computer skills, with a knowledge of common bookkeeping and spreadsheet programs, including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and Salesforce
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management skills, ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work independently, and as a positive, proactive, and personable team player
Healthy Teen Network offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; a 401K plan; and generous Federal holidays and vacation and sick leave. This position is considered an exempt employee. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, ranging from $40,000 – $43,000.
The Healthy Teen Network headquarters is located in Baltimore, MD. Due to the global pandemic, employees are currently working remotely. Long-term remote work may be possible; after social distancing requirements are relaxed, this position will be required to report to Baltimore, MD, for occasional meetings and events.
Applications will be accepted through January 31, 2021, and potential candidates will be contacted at the beginning of February. For consideration, please submit your cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) and resume using the application form.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity among its applicant pool as well as within its staff and board of directors. We believe in equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, military status, veteran status, or any legally protected classification. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
At Healthy Teen Network, we believe that every young person has a right to live their authentic sexuality. And we see you, the professionals and caring adults, helping them do this. We know you do your best when you're connected to great opportunities and resources. That's why we're here...to help make those connections and support you. Read more about us.