Job OpportunityCapacity Building Specialist
Seeking a capacity building specialist who has a passion for and strong commitment to our mission and guiding principles
November 16, 2020
Healthy Teen Network seeks a capacity building specalist who has a passion for and strong commitment to our mission and guiding principles.
This position is a fast-track hire.
Capacity Building Specialists provide general support for a wide variety of projects within the Capacity Building and Evaluation department. They support project managers in coordinating training events and monitoring partner activities, contribute to instructional designs for face-to-face and virtual trainings, provide technical assistance to partners and respond to requests, and develop resources for professionals. They also provide communications and marketing support. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Capacity Building and Evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce training events, including securing facilitators and training space (virtual and in-person), developing training announcements, and maintaining a training calendar/plan
- Co-develop and update instructional designs and materials
- Co-facilitate face-to-face and virtual events
- Develop and update asynchronous virtual learning products and other resources as required
- Lead project activities
- Work with community partners to ensure they meet project deliverables
- Support Project Managers to evaluate activities and develop project reports as needed Create content for various media: blog posts, email, marketing, newsletter, digests, and podcasts
- Support Fee-For-Service events by creating template emails, running reports on training participants, and sending follow-up emails at timed intervals
- Maintain online facilitator’s and trainer’s hub
- Represent Healthy Teen Network at conferences and partner meetings, as appropriate
- Support fund development by conceptualizing and supporting proposal writing
- Support data analysis of website traffic
- Create and disseminate social media marketing posts and graphics about resources and trainings
- Complete additional duties, as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience coordinating projects and/or facilitating training events
- Experience in instructional design
- Content knowledge in adolescent sexual and reproductive health
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Internet and Web-based resources
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic computer applications
- Flexibility to change priorities as required
Healthy Teen Network offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including individual and family health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; a 401K plan; and generous Federal holidays and vacation and sick leave. This position is considered an exempt employee. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, ranging from $45,000 – $50,000.
The Healthy Teen Network headquarters is located in Baltimore, MD. Due to the global pandemic, employees are currently working remotely. Long-term remote work may be possible; after social distancing requirements are relaxed, this position will be required to report to Baltimore, MD, for occasional meetings and events.
This position is a fast-track hire. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter (maximum length: 1 page), resume or curriculum vitae, and sample portfolio (a combination of writing and/or design samples appropriate). In your cover letter, include specific information about
- Your commitment to our mission and guiding principles; and
- How your unique qualifications and past experiences have prepared you to be a candidate for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and strives for diversity among its applicant pool as well as within its staff and board of directors. We believe in equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, military status, veteran status, or any legally protected classification. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
At Healthy Teen Network, we believe that every young person has a right to live their authentic sexuality. And we see you, the professionals and caring adults, helping them do this. We know you do your best when you're connected to great opportunities and resources. That's why we're here...to help make those connections and support you. Read more about us.