Job OpportunityDigital Content Creator
Seeking a Digital Content Creator who has a passion for and strong commitment to our mission and guiding principles
May 16, 2023
Healthy Teen Network seeks a digital content creator who has a passion for and strong commitment to our mission and guiding principles. This position reports to the Director of Communications and works closely with staff across departments and projects.
The Digital Content Creator works closely with team members to support the conceptualization and development of dissemination strategies and the creation and delivery of accessible resources. This position develops copy and graphic design for resources and dissemination activities. The Digital Content Creator is a communications specialist, facilitating the development, distribution, and evaluation of dissemination strategies and activities across all channels (e.g., email, social media, web, in-person conferences and events, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a dynamic, multidisciplinary, and fast-paced organization and can pivot quickly with new information or changing priorities.
- Collaborate to create and share compelling resources in a variety of formats (e.g., videos, visual stories, guides, presentations, etc.) to articulate public health information and make it relevant and impactful to diverse group of stakeholders.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the needs and priorities of key audiences (such as direct service providers, program managers, health educators, parents, and youth).
- Collaborate to apply principles of human-centered design to ensure messages, products, and resources are created with the end-user in mind.
- Collaborate to identify and select the appropriate format, or medium (e.g., tip sheets, podcasts, guides, videos) to deliver messages to diverse audiences.
- Conceptualize, develop, and refine the graphic design for webpages, resources, tools, social media graphics, and other assets.
- Collaborate to develop and maintain organizational and project websites.
- Collaborate to develop brand identities; develop and refine brand assets; and ensure consistent adherence to brand guidelines.
- Facilitate the development, strategic distribution, and evaluation of organizational and project dissemination strategies.
- Develop, disseminate, and report on the weekly Healthy Teen Network egram, monthly Spotlight newsletter, and ad hoc email campaigns.
- Collaborate to plan, design, execute, and report on social media marketing campaigns and recruitment efforts, utilizing visual and communication design principles and skills, for various research and design projects.
- Facilitate member interactions and engagement across social media channels.
- Support the development and facilitation of presentations and represent Healthy Teen Network at conferences to support dissemination and organization visibility.
- Compile dissemination analytics and user feedback to update and improve content and dissemination strategy.
- Support evaluation of products, resources, and tools, and identify innovative approaches for improvement.
- Contribute to writing reports, manuscripts, proposals, and grants.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Healthy Teen Network annual national conference and department strategy.
- Assist in ensuring that department project goals are met and all activities are completed according to work plans and guidelines.
- Complete additional duties, as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned. This posting is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Healthy Teen Network management reserves the right to amend and change titles, duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Education, Experience, Training, & Special Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college, or equivalent combination of training and experience, required, in communications, marketing, technical writing, English, or related field.
- Two or more years of experience required, related to 1) copywriting and content development, 2) graphic design, and/or 3) communications and marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated understanding of the importance of frequent, clear, and effective communication.
- Experience with website platforms (WordPress preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience developing, curating, and using digital assets and digital publishing.
- Copyediting experience and strong proofreading skills, with the ability to follow a style guide and brand book.
- Ability to work independently, and as a positive, proactive, and personable team player.
- Ability to proactively establish and manage priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Understanding of adolescent sexual and reproductive health, including teen pregnancy, HIV, sexually transmitted infection (STI), and issues related to young people who are pregnant/parenting, preferred.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with human-centered design, preferred.
Healthy Teen Network offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage; a 401K plan; and generous Federal holidays and vacation and sick leave. This position is considered an exempt employee. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, ranging from $45,000 – $50,000.
The Digital Content Creator position is a remote position. This position will be required to attend occasional meetings, conferences, and other events, located in Baltimore, MD, and in other locations across the United States.
Core Work Hours
This position observes core work hours. Core work hours are 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM ET, Monday through Friday, except holidays as observed by Healthy Teen Network. Core work hours include, but are not limited to, a designated period of time during the employee’s 35-hour work week when they are expected to be working and available, unless the employee has pre-arranged time off.
Applications must be submitted by June 18, 2023. Interviews will be scheduled between July 17-28, 2023. The anticipated start date for this position is August 23, 2023.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter (maximum length: 1 page), resume or curriculum vitae, and sample portfolio (a combination of writing and/or design samples appropriate) on the Healthy Teen Network website. In your cover letter, include specific information about:
- Your commitment to Healthy Teen Network’s mission and guiding principles; and
- How your unique qualifications and past experiences have prepared you to be a candidate for this position.
Only complete applications, submitted through the Healthy Teen Network website form, will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive for diversity among its applicant pool as well as within its staff and board of directors. We believe in equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, military status, veteran status, or any legally protected classification. It is our intent and desire that equal employment opportunities will be provided in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
PHOTO CREDIT: Ian Schneider on Unsplash
At Healthy Teen Network, we believe that every young person has a right to live their authentic sexuality. And we see you, the professionals and caring adults, helping them do this. We know you do your best when you're connected to great opportunities and resources. That's why we're here...to help make those connections and support you. Read more about us.