Resources Just for You
We know that with caring support and resources, adolescents and young adults can be effective parents and successful adults. We believe society has an obligation to support all adolescents and young adults, including teen parents, because all young people deserve the opportunity to lead healthy and fulfilling lives.
Healthy Teen Network is the only national nonprofit membership organization that focuses on adolescent sexual and reproductive health care, including pregnant and parenting teens.
Healthy Teen Network Resources
- Advocacy for Pregnant and Parenting Teens in Foster Care: Fact Sheet
- The Importance of an Inclusive Youth 360° Message for Adolescent Health and Well-Being: Statement from Healthy Teen Network on the Observance of the National Month to Prevent Teen Pregnancy
- Title IX: A Guide for Policymakers and Schools on Pregnant and Parenting Teens
- Yes You Can: Eat Well, Look Good, and Save Money
- Child Help USA provides crisis counseling for children and adults, nationwide referrals to services for children.
- Healthy Families America is a national program model designed to help expectant and new parents get their children off to a healthy start. Families participate voluntarily and receive home visiting and referrals from trained staff. By providing services to overburdened families, Healthy Families America fits into the continuum of services provided to families in many communities.
- Mom, Dad – I’m Pregnant is a resource designed to help teens and parents communicate.
National Center for Fathering offers practical tips for dads, humor and information on services available.National Fatherhood Initiative‘s mission is to improve the well-being of children by increasing the number of children growing up with loving, committed and responsible fathers..
- National Parent Information Network provides information to parents and those who work with parents and to foster the exchange of parenting materials.
- #NoTeenShame is a movement led by 7 young mothers to improve strategic messaging campaigns and conversation around young parenting in a non-stigmatizing and non-shaming approach, while highlighting the importance of comprehensive sexuality education.
- Raising Them Right is a website devoted to the work of Amanda van Scoyoc, who spent a year documenting stories and photographs of teen mothers in Massachusetts.