Healthy Teen Network has a wealth of resources on the topic of young parents and young people who are pregnant or parenting. Most of these resources are written for an audience of professionals working with young families, but you may find them to be of some interest.
We do have many resources also designed specifically for young people.
And of course, there are many other resources:
- Child Help USA provides crisis counseling for children and adults, nationwide referrals to services for children.
- Chirp empowers young parents to make informed decisions on their health, education, and futures.
- Healthy Families America is a national program model designed to help expectant and new parents get their children off to a healthy start. Families participate voluntarily and receive home visiting and referrals from trained staff. By providing services to overburdened families, Healthy Families America fits into the continuum of services provided to families in many communities.
- Mom, Dad – I’m Pregnant is a resource designed to help teens and parents communicate.
National Center for Fathering offers practical tips for dads, humor and information on services available.National Fatherhood Initiative‘s mission is to improve the well-being of children by increasing the number of children growing up with loving, committed and responsible fathers..
- National Parent Information Network provides information to parents and those who work with parents and to foster the exchange of parenting materials.
- #NoTeenShame is a movement led by 7 young mothers to improve strategic messaging campaigns and conversation around young parenting in a non-stigmatizing and non-shaming approach, while highlighting the importance of comprehensive sexuality education.
- Nurse-Family Partnership empowers first-time moms to transform their lives and create better futures for themselves and their babies. Nurse-Family Partnership works by having specially trained nurses regularly visit young, first-time moms-to-be, starting early in the pregnancy, and continuing through the child’s second birthday.
- Raising Them Right is a website devoted to the work of Amanda van Scoyoc, who spent a year documenting stories and photographs of teen mothers in Massachusetts.