Making Evidence-Based Sexual Health Education Work in Schools (MESHEWS)
Making Evidence-Based Sexual Health Education Work in Schools (MESHEWS) is a companion to the PSBA-GTO manual, building on the PSBA-GTO process to reflect the unique needs of education agencies. In particular, it adds and tailors guidance related to the following tasks:
- Using data to select schools with students at disproportionate risk of teen pregnancy and STI/HIV for program implementation;
- Assessing district and school readiness and capacity to implement sexuality education programs;
- Using evidence to select and adapt curricula or other programmatic strategies that best match student needs and school capacity;
- Aligning programs with school priorities, policies, laws, and standards;
- Engaging stakeholders with the unique needs of the school system in mind; and
- Developing a realistic plan to measure success in light of potential capacity constraints.
Discover the magic of the Network.